Hedi Slimane presented his Fall 2016 men’s and Pre-Fall 2016 women’s collections for Saint Laurent in Los Angeles today at the Palladium theater. Inspired by Californian culture and Slimane’s love of music, the collection was rife with vintage references reimagined with that Saint Laurent spin—see Bowie tuxes, Donovan-esque three-piece suits, and multicolored, oversize furs worthy of Janis Joplin. While you wait for Hamish Bowles’s review of the show—and the after-party that promises performances from some of Slimane’s favorite musical acts—find the 11 talking points you need to know about Saint Laurent’s Los Angeles extravaganza now, here.
1. If you are a celebrity in Los Angeles, you were at the Saint Laurent show tonight. Among the front row stars were Lady Gaga, Courtney Love, Joan Jett, Ellen DeGeneres, Portia de Rossi, CL, Sylvester Stallone, Jane Fonda, Kate Hudson, Beck, Sky Ferreira, Lenny Kravitz, Zoë Kravitz, Lisa Bonet, Jessica Alba, Gary Oldman, Pamela Anderson, Alexa Chung, and Miguel. Notably missing were Yves Saint Laurent’s partner, Pierre Bergé, and Kering CEO François-Henri Pinault.
4. The show space was set up as a stage with seating around the perimeter, with moving light arches suspended from the ceiling.
5. PyPy’s blaring soundtrack, “She’s Gone,” welcomed the first model out: a super-skinny gent with a striking resemblance to David Bowie in a three-piece tuxedo, wide-brim hat, and wayfarer glasses.
6. Many of Slimane’s favorite models walked in the show, including Staz Lindes, Lida Fox, Binx Walton, Lili Sumner, Marjan Jonkman, Helena Severin, and Kiki Willems.
7. Jackets were richly embroidered with ornate patterns including a musical note lifted from a 1982 Yves Saint Laurent piece and erotic flowers inspired by the Marquis de Sade.
8. As for makeup, the models wore glitter on their eyelids—all the better to coordinate with their sparkling ensembles.
9. Many of the women’s looks were midi length and punctuated by a large belt at the waist.
10. Hedi Slimane came out for a short bow, something he rarely ever does, wearing a maroon velvet blazer and long scarf. His appearance was met by a standing ovation from the crowd.
11. The after-party promises performances by Father John Misty, Beck, Joan Jett, Allah-Las, The Sloths, Cherry Glazerr, Curtis Harding, No Parents, Bleached, Kim and The Created, and Mystic Braves, so stay tuned for more coverage of Saint Laurent’s Los Angeles show on Vogue.com!
The post 11 Things to Know About Saint Laurent’s Show in Los Angeles appeared first on Vogue.
Read More From Fashion — Vogue Categories — Vogue